Thursday, June 2, 2011

Early Morning Randomness...

Yes, I'm still here! Haven't you been wondering where I'd gotten off to? No? Oh, okay.



  • As you can see from the time of this post, Sophia is still waking up early. I mean, six a.m. early. Elijah has always been an early bird too, he hardly sleeps past seven, but his sister is an even earlier bird! The problem is that she only takes two naps now. Yeah, you read that right, up until about a month ago she was taking a third, short nap before dinner. Now that she doesn't she's totally cranky and crabby and we simply have to put her to bed at 7:30. This is all fine with me, but she gets up early! Sometimes we can get her to stay up until eight, and then she'll sleep in a little longer, but not lately. *sigh* bring on the coffee!

  • I guess I shouldn't complain. She's sleeping through the night without fail these days!

  • For whatever reason, even though it's summer, I seem to have less time than usual. Elijah and I are doing a little summer school, but other than that we're free. But I feel like I've been so busy lately! May was a crazy, crazy month for us. We had two birthdays, playgroup every Tuesday, and between doctors, dentists and WIC, we had SIX appointments in the past four weeks. Craziness. Combine that with the trouble of only having one vehicle and I feel like I've been driving back and for to New Haven every other day. But now we don't have anything on our schedule for another two weeks!

  • As I was saying, we've been busy. The weather has been so nice and hot (okay, like 80) the kids and I have been trying to get out as much as possible. I feel bad that we didn't spend too much time out doors last summer, it was kind of hard with a newborn! This summer I'm resolved to spend as much time out doors as possible.

  • I'm thinking today will be a beach day! Woo! I can't believe I forget how close I am to the beach sometimes. Every time we go down there I tell myself we should go more!

  • Because of all this early summer craziness, combined with having two kids at home full time, I've had very little time to write lately. This bugs me, but try as I might I just can't seem to find any time to work lately. When I do have free time, when Sophia is napping, I'm so busy doing all the other things I need to do without her underfoot. Exercise, shower, clean, school with Elijah. There just aren't enough hours in the day! Also, by the time she goes to bed I'm just plain tired and want to veg in front of the tv for a little while.

  • It doesn't help my writing situation that I've been hooked on another book series. I've mentioned it before, but I'm currently reading the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. I have nothing else to say but that they are freakin' fabulous books and I'm completely addicted! I just got the second last Monday and finished it yesterday. I was going to go get the third for my trip, but my mom beat me to the punch and bought it for me (she had a coupon, how could I say no?). Now she's holding it hostage in Panama City until I get there!

  • WE LEAVE IN TWENTY DAYSSSS!!!!

  • Excited.

  • In other news...I did get some writing done on Saturday for about an hour. Not editing like I'm supposed to be doing, but a little work on book two. Yay. I love book two already, it's going to be awesome.

  • Although I'm extremely upset because I lost my good pen. I mean the pen that I hand wrote my entire first novel with, it's the ONLY pen I will write with. SO SAD! But I think I know where it is. I had it with my stuff when I taught children's chapel last Sunday and I'm hoping it will still be in there this Sunday. If not, I will be devastated. I'm serious!

  • Ah cold coffee....I mean yuck cold coffee!

  • See this is what happens when you get up at the crack of dawn and try to blog.

  • Well, I think that is all. Have I mentioned I'm going on vacation in TWENTY days?!!? No? Really? I am. It will be epic. EPIC!

  • lol

  • Oh crap, I made a resolution to myself the other night to stop using lol. It's getting annoying don't you think? Still not as bad as XD (which I still don't get because I think I'm too old). And not nearly as bad when people go "lolololol". Wait, what? You're laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud? How does that emphasize how much you are laughing.

  • I don't get it.

Peace out! I'm off to get more coffee, it's going to be a crazy day!