Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm still standing...

Yes, I'm totally singing an Elton John song in my head right now...what's new?

Day ten of single parenting, with five to go. Maybe I'll make it after all. Let's just say the shine has worn off.

The good

  • Sophia is almost completely potty trained.
  • We've managed to do a lot of fun things together that we don't normally get to do.
  • I've been able to spend a lot of extra time writing.
  • We've had a lot of fun movie nights, I've had a few solo movie nights, which was fun.
  • Matthew's coming home on Sunday!
  • We've got plans for almost every day this week so hopefully it will go by fast.
The bad
  • Now that Sophia is mostly potty trained she gets up at 6:30 to go potty. She doesn't go back to sleep. 
  • I'm pretty much losing my mind without Matthew, plain and simple. Last night I went THREE hours without speaking.
  • I think the kids are missing him bad too. Sophia is whinier than usual, and that's saying something.
  • I'm tired. All of the time.
  • And a little crabby.