Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bloggy Sunshine Award


My friend Carrie, from Curly Crafty Mom, nominated me today for the Sunshine blogger award. Carrie and I have known each other for what seems like forever! Really just since around 2006 where we met on the May '06 BBC boards. I'm glad she nominated me, since I really needed a reason to post on this dusty old blog besides another race recap or a post about how my newest book isn't going anywhere. (Shhhhh) Anyway, so here are the questions she asked me and a few other bloggers. 

1. What is the #1 item on your Christmas list this year?

I really, really want a black moto jacket. Jackets are so much more practical here in Georgia, since you can pretty much get away with wearing them all winter. I spotted one at Kohl's the other day that I loved. (Not the exact pic, but close enough.) 
So...my birthday is coming up... Just sayin.  I'll take a brown one too....

2. Favorite Fall nail polish color right now?

Wet 'n Wild Megalast in Disturbia. (Yes I loooove cheap nailpolish!)


3. What kind of car do you drive?

Ha! A 1998 Toyota Rav4 that I bought when I was nineteen. Little did I know I would still be driving it almost ten years later. It's a great car though.

4. Do you wash your jeans after you wear them once?

Noooo. Only because I love my skinnies and we all know how fun it is to put on freshly washed skinny jeans.

5. What jewelry are you wearing right now (or did you wear today)?

Right now, just my wedding rings and teeny diamond studs that I almost never take out. I haven't gotten dressed for the day yet! But tonight we're going to Atlanta for a concert in the Atlanta Symphony hall, so I'm sure I'll find an outfit to wear with this gorgeous honkin' ring my mom gave me!
IMG_0664[1]


















6. What are you having for dinner tonight (or what did you have)?

Since we'll be on the road around dinnertime tonight, I'm going to guess some kind of fast food. Hopefully Chick Fil A!


7. How old were you when you got your ears pierced (if they are pierced)?


I was twelve when I got the first piercing (I was supposed to wait until thirteen, but they took a year off for good behavior) I got my second piercing when I turned eighteen. Such a rebel  I know!!! Ha ha.


8. What is your favorite meal for lunch when you bring it to work or make it yourself?


A loaded baked potato with butter, cheese and bacon. Great, now I'm drooling...


9. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?


This past Saturday I was shopping for an outfit for the aforementioned concert, I didn't score anything in the wardrobe department, but did come home with a new purse! Modeled here by Fifi. Only three and she's already stealing stuff from mama's closet! Also, she hasn't gotten the memo that it's Fall yet, she's still stuck on her summer wardrobe.


IMG_0645[1]

10. What was the last thing you bought for someone else?

Hmmmm...Oh I bought Fifi a new tiara the other day. But this really reminds me I need to start Christmas shopping soon!



So, I'm all out of time and have to run and start school with my kids, but I will try to come back later and post some questions and my nominees...