Friday, March 1, 2013

Where am I? Where are you?

I'm on hiatus. Well, not really. I think I really, really needed a break from writerly stuff after the last push to get FS out. Even after it was out, I kept re-reading and fixing things. I think I found a few missing words and fixed those. Ah, that makes me rage. I hate mistakes. I hope everyone who reads the book, and notices a little something off here and there realizes that I literally proofread it fifty times. Alas, sometimes perfection is out of my reach.

Anyway, so after this past weekend, and finally approving my print copy, I told Matthew I was going to take a week of from writing stuff (aside from begging people for reviews) he agreed that this was a good idea. I'm sure this will totally surprise you (NOT!) but I get really neurotic and insane when it comes to my writing, especially in the final throes of publishing.

So I took my week off. Well, not really. Instead I got SICK AGAIN! So I've been nursing a cold/cough combo once again. Make that a forced hiatus from writing then.

Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon. And by this weekend. BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

In other news, the books are both doing well. I'm actually selling a few copies of LE outright, which makes me happy. The list of people on Goodreads who have marked it as "to-read" is growing longer. Actually I just caught this little tidbit from someone who is reading it now. "Well, I am hooked. It's good, people. I think I may be coming out of my reading slump!" I love it. And yes, I totally stalk everyone on Goodreads. No shame.