My birthday is one week from today! Yes, let's see how many times I can manage to bring that up between now and then. That's two already. It's like I'm afraid everyone's going to forget to send presents or something... which has never happened. Maybe because I nag them to death about it...
Anyway, I was thinking yesterday of all the things that occasionally make me feel old. So here are the top five signs I'm getting old.
1. Yesterday in the car turned up the radio when Celine Dion came on.
2. I often spot teenager in the mall and think to myself "what are those crazy kids wearing"? (Seriously, I once spotted a group of teenagers in the mall with tails hanging from the backs of their jeans. Like, raccoon tails.)
3. I have a bad knee, a bad shoulder, messed up ribs (they're getting better though) and as of today a bad finger. But I think I blame yoga for all of that.
4. I have grey hair. Okay, ONE grey hair, but still! I think it popped up around the time Elijah was two. Coincidence? I think not.
5. And lastly, I think Justin Beiber looks like a girl and that Glee has ruined Journey for me forever. There I said it.
And now, just to make myself feel better about being closer to thirty than to twenty, five signs I'm NOT getting older.
1. I still like to shop from the Juniors section. As long as the jeans are without raccoon tails, they usually fit me better. Maybe it's the short thing?
2. I can drink up to three cups of coffee and still sleep at night. I can even drink it right before bed and still fall asleep. Of course, that might have something to do with the baby girl that gets me up at night and not some rare-caffeine immunity.
3. I still know how to do long division. (Ha! That was a joke, sorta.)
4. I still get annoyed at my friends who are older than me when they tease me about being young, which according to them I shouldn't.
5. Finally, I own a Lady Gaga CD, that's gotta count for something, right?