Friday, March 2, 2012

Rejection...

Now that I've hit an even dozen I'm an expert...

How I Deal With Rejection

Step one: Get pissed off.
Step two: Delete rejection email so I don't have to see it ever again.
Step three: Write "no" next to agent's name on my spreadsheet.
Step four: Whine and complain to my husband, my mom, my sister-in-law, all my twitter followers, Facebook friends and random strangers on the street.
Step five: Consider giving up because rejection bites.
Step six: Take a deep breath and forget about it.

How I Should Deal With Rejection

Step One: Console myself with the satisfaction that one day this particular agent will be kicking themselves when my book is on the New York Times' Bestseller list.

Alas, even my confidence isn't that great.

(This was supposed to auto-post on Friday, clearly it didn't!)