Friday, July 22, 2011

He loves me...

Yesterday afternoon I was feeling really bad, physically speaking. I'll spare you the details, but by the time Matthew got home from work I was pretty miserable. I managed to make a quick dinner for him and the kids and then went to lay on the couch while they ate. After dinner I was feeling a tiny bit better, but not much. Anyway, Matthew decided to run out to the store to return a movie while I minded the kids. When he got home I noticed he was carrying something and obviously (but not very well) trying to hide it from me. Whatever the item was, he had put it in on our bed. The first chance I got, being the curious, sneaky person I am sometimes, I peeked in the bedroom to find out what it was.

Apparently he had made a little side trip while he was out to get me something since I wasn't feeling to well. To my surprise (well, not really since I had told him how much I really wanted it.) He had gone out and picked up for me the latest book in a series that I've been reading (George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.) It came out last week and I've been dying to get my hands on it, but since it's a new release and only in hardback, it's not a cheap book.

But anyway, I guess he thought I was worth it. It's times like these when I realize just how much he loves me. (Aww that's super corny I know.) But for one thing, he knew I was feeling bad and wanted to make me feel better any way he could. And two, he pays attention enough to know exactly what would make me happiest.

Yeah, he loves me.