Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I don't have anything to say...

But I'm going to write anyway.

It's been a busy week so far and I haven't had a chance to post anything, so I thought I should. I know my one reader is probably wondering what I've been up to. (Hi Mom!)

Anyway, like I said, crazy week so far. I think I was home for a total of two hours during the day yesterday, which I do not like! I had the car because I had a lot of errands to run. It's always nice to have the car, but I tend to go overboard and try to do too much. Yesterday I think I got the kids in and out of the car ten times, I swear. It's exhausting to take them out, even if they are mostly well behaved.

See, this is why I just stay home all the time. It's too much work to go out!

For the past few days I've been really doing my research and looking for curriculum for Elijah's upcoming school year. At first I was really intimidated by the idea of teaching him first grade this year, but my excitement is quickly outweighing any anxiety I might have had. So far I've found lots of great books that I can't wait to get my hands on and get started teaching him. It's going to be a really fun school year. My only problem is figuring out what to do with Sophia! For Kindergarten it was much easier to just do all our school while she was taking her long morning nap. For first grade we're going to be adding quite a few more subjects and it's not all going to fit into nap time! Hopefully pretty soon she'll be old enough to be occupied with something while we work. Although at the moment, nothing keeps her occupied, except maybe food. And I"m pretty sure she can't eat bananas the whole time I'm trying to teach Elijah. Things will be much easier next school year when she can be included more in our day.

On top of worrying about what I'm going to do with her during school, I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that I'm going to have very little free time in the fall. I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise to me, it's not like I've ever had an overabundance of free time. Just much less now. And it's not like it's going to get any easier, so I might as well get used to it. Hopefully I can still find time to do the things that are important to me when I have a rare break from the kids. The two that come to mind right away are working out and writing. The working out part is pretty easy, since I only do 30-45 minutes a day. Not hard to get in. The writing is a whole other story. Basically when I was writing my book I gave up all other hobbies. Instead of watching TV or a movie with Matthew on the evenings I would sit with my laptop and write. If I want to progress any more that's what I have to do. I've just got to convince myself to commit to it. A huge part of me just wants to write the second one already. But the logical part of me tells me I can't start it until I've finished the first. Soooo, my brain is at an impasse as it were...

Also my laptop just died. So if I want to get any work done I've got to sit out in the kitchen and write. Maybe that will work, just exile myself to the kitchen in the evenings. Blah, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Anyway, that's my ramble of the day.