Monday, July 11, 2011

20 Days

That's how long I've been on vacation. I've had an even longer break from this blog. In fact, I bet you were thinking I was never coming back! I have so much to catch up on it's not even funny. Three weeks is a long time to be away. Three weeks without cooking a meal. Three weeks without sleeping in my own bed. Three weeks without working on my book OR working out! Yikes! I really need to change that. Maybe today...or tomorrow. I'm kind of tired...

Well, I did get up at four a.m. to catch our six a.m. flight out of Florida yesterday. Not fun! Especially not fun since I had both the kids on my own (Matthew went back home a week before I did.) By the time we landed back in Connecticut I was beyond exhausted. And the work didn't end there! We had to drop Matthew off at work and then go home. I unloaded all the luggage, unpacked, went grocery shopping and then decided I wanted to cook a big dinner for everyone. I guess I missed it or something. Anyway, after spaghetti, salad and sweet tea, Matthew bathed the kids and we all sat down to watch the Home Run Derby. Well, Sophia lasted about fifteen minutes before we put her to bed at around eight. I followed not long after. We both slept until 8:30 this morning! Crazy. But we were so tired.

Vacation is great, but at some point you do start to long for home and a bit of normalcy. Of course, we won't achieve that for a few more days, or at least until all this laundry is done!

If you haven't been keeping up with my family blog, now would be a good time to check it out, there are tons of pictures from our vacation over there. I don't post many pictures on this blog since it's "my" blog. But here's one that basically sums up my favorite part of the vacation....



Vacation2011 617

1 comment: