Monday, August 22, 2011

Plotting...

For once in my life I couldn't sleep last night. This is completely uncharacteristic of me, since I can usually sleep no matter what. Even if I'm not tired. No, seriously, I can literally sleep anywhere at any time, just try me!

Except last night. Not surprisingly I think it was due to too much caffeine. I had a cup of coffee at right around eight thirty. Matthew and I were just starting a movie and I didn't want to doze off during the final fifteen minutes like I usually do. There are so many movies I still don't know how they ended.

Anyway, right before I got in bed and tried to sleep I had pulled out several of my many notebooks containing my writing. Specifically the ones with my second book's rough draft. I haven't made it very far, just a basic outline and the first three chapters. Well, I got them out because I needed to write a few sentences before I forgot them. Literally like three sentences, but they were really good sentences. Because I couldn't sleep, I spent a lot of time last night thinking about my second book. Like I said, I have a little bit of it already written. But even though I have an outline already finished, it's a very skeleton plot line. I'm relying a lot on my own ability to come up with the little details on the fly. Which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Somehow, in the middle of the night, halfway between sleep and awake I came up with the entire storyline. Not just the basics, but details. Important details. Lines of dialogue. Action sequences, oh and the culmination of the story and the grand finale. Let's not forget, the big kissing scene! Ha ha.

Part of me wanted to get up and write it all down before I forgot. But I think it's pretty well cemented in my brain and I should be able to recall it all when necessary. Now I'm sort of really amped up to get to work. But, and there's always a but, I still need to finish the first. Since they are part of a series, you can't have two without one.

More than ever I'm determined to finish. And who knows what will happen after that. I've decided (not that this was ever really a question) that I will someday try really hard to get published. No matter what it might take. I want it really bad. Not to be rich or famous. But to share what I've written with everyone. That is my dream. And what's the point in dreaming if you're not going to aim high?

When I do get the chance to sit down and write my rough draft for book two it should go pretty quickly. I mean, I wrote the rough draft for book two in just eight weeks. Oh and I definitely have ideas for book three cooking already. It's going to be awesome!

Yes, book one has a name, as does book two. Wanna know what they are??