Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whelmed...

So if you can be overwhelmed and underwhelmed, can you ever just be whelmed?

I can't remember what that's from, but it always makes me laugh. That's basically how I feel right about now, just whelmed. Better than overwhelmed, which is what I was feeling earlier today. Not to continue to beat a proverbial dead horse, but this homeschooling stuff is hard work! (Yeah, duh, I know!)

Anyway, it doesn't help that I'm the type of person to purposely overwhelm myself. For some reason I like to feel like I've accomplished a million things in my day. So to feel that way I actually have to accomplish a million things in my day. Get it? No? Okay, moving on. This morning was one of those days. In fact I started feeling so overwhelmed with everything I needed to do I sat down and made a list, which didn't make me feel any better! Great, right?

Well, it did help, I guess. Because I got most of it done. I'm just getting really good at multi-multi-tasking. For example I went ahead and did lesson plans while Elijah was read out-loud to me. And then I made my menu and grocery list while he was doing math problems. All of this was only made possible because Sophia has (knock on wood) started taking TWO naps again. HALLELUJAH!

Seriously though, if she goes back down to one I don't know what I'm going to do. I need that extra time with just one kid.

So that's about the long and short of it. Still left on my to-do list, edit chapters 7 and 8 of my book. Um, yeah I'll get right on that...