Monday, June 18, 2012

I take it back...

Earlier this year, around February or so, I complained to my online buddies about how sucky this year was apparently going to be. They assured me that I was overreacting, despite the way things seemed, that there was still room for improvement. Well, I'd like to officially rescind that comment and acknowledge that my friends were right!

True, things haven't exactly worked out the way I had planned, but that's life for you. I'm still published. My book is doing well. I'm averaging about one copy sold a day, which is still something, so I'm happy. I'm ranked in the top #100,000 Kindle books on Amazon. Again, it doesn't sound like much, but it really is. Most self-pubbed books are way down between #200,000 and #300,000! There's still a good chance this thing might take off for me, only time will tell. I definitely have my fingers crossed. My hopes are high because I've heard nothing but good things so far about my book. I really cannot possibly communicate to you how much it means to me to hear that people are enjoying my work. To use a word I don't usually like, it's quite surreal. And it makes me happy. Like, insanely happy.

So yeah, I take it back. 2012 isn't so bad after all. In another month's time my dad will be finished with his cancer treatment, another chapter in life will be behind us, God willing, for good. The kids and I will be making a highly anticipated trip down to Florida to spend some quality time with as much of our family as we can manage. In the Fall I'll self-publish again, this time the follow-up to London Escape. And somewhere in between I'll find the time to finish writing the third book.

For now, I'm grateful 2012 didn't turn out to be nearly as bad as I expected. And I think I've learned my lesson about the ups and downs of life. Or not, I'll probably be complaining again later. ;)