Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stats...

Don't you love a good statistic? I do. Which is why I'm super happy that Amazon is providing me with up-to-date information on how my book is selling.

Well, first there's just general sales. I sold 21 copies on my first day. Woo hoo! Thanks to help of many of my friends who spammed Facebook for me on that fateful day! Since then my sales have tapered off a bit. My current total stands at 37 copies sold. I guess that's not too bad at all for five days, right?

Besides sales total, there's a lovely page listing my royalties, ha, now that one is not nearly so interesting to me. Since I don't see a dime for sixty days after the purchase. No big payday yet. But that's okay!

Now on my actual page where you can purchase my book, there's a little thing called "Amazon Sales Ranking". I was a bit bummed out when I saw my peak was somewhere around #15,000. Yes, fifteen THOUSAND. But as it turned out, that's quite good. I looked at tons of self-pubbed e-book yesterday and some of them fell around the one MILLION mark, or at least in the 250,000 range. I'm currently down to #43,000 or something like that, but hopefully I will rise again.

It's been an interesting process so far. I waver between being completely thrilled and overjoyed, like when I read another five star review (okay I only have THREE). To being more than a little discouraged. I mean, there are so many books out there, how can mine ever possibly rise to the top without a "real" publisher? I don't know, all I can do is hope!