Friday, June 1, 2012

A little help from my friends...

So, this coming Tuesday, June 5th, is the big day! The one I've been waiting for ever since I began writing my very first young adult novel, London Escape. I'll be published! Well yes, that's a bit of a technicality, but it's still something. For one thing, when I began writing my goal was to get published. But really more than anything I just wanted to be able to share my stories with people and have them enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. I may not make a gazillion dollars (I'm making about two bucks a pop, seriously!), but that has never been my ambition anyway.

So here's the deal, because I'm self-publishing I'm completely on my own when it comes to getting my book out there. Which means I need you, yes YOU! If you're reading this, then you probably already know me, you're probably my friend, and as my friend you want to see me succeed in this endeavor don't you? That's what I thought! Here are a few things you can do to help me get my name, and my book out there to the public.

1.) Read my book! It's great I promise. It is well-written and well-edited. It is meant for young adults, of course, but we all know that doesn't mean the story is limited to teens. Most of my friends who have loved it are grown-ups! It will only be available in e-book form, via Amazon, which means it's exclusive to Kindle. Don't have a Kindle? Don't worry! There's an app for that! Amazon offers a variety of reading app downloads which will help you buy and access regular Kindle books. Follow this link for the complete list!

2.) If you are reading my books, mark it on Goodreads (it's not up on Goodreads yet, but I'll be adding it as soon as I publish). Post it on your Facebook page. Tweet it! Blog about it! Tell your mama! Tell your friends. That's all I ask. Ha ha, not too hard, right?

3.) If you read it and like it, review it! You don't have to give me a perfect five stars! Just kidding if  you don't I will hunt you down... Review on Goodreads too!

But wait, there's more! London Escape is just the first book in my series, The Halcyon Legacy. Which means there's a lot more where it came from! The second book, Finding Sanctuary is already fully written and slated for release in the Fall of 2012. So if you love the first you won't have to wait long for the follow-up. AND there's a tiny sneak peak of Finding Sanctuary at the end of London Escape.

And finally, I have to say thank you. Thank you if you do any of this for me, thank you for believing and keeping up with my crazy journey. I am beyond excited to have my work out there for the first time in my life. My dream has always been to share fun and exciting stories that every single person can enjoy, and I hope that I have done that.

PS, this isn't the end for me. Someday I'll be published and on the shelves for real, I know. Besides, Amazon does have their own publishing house, if my Kindle book sells enough copies (like a million!) Amazon will print my book. They've done it before for other indie authors. So who knows!

Thanks again!

Cacey Hopper
Author of London Escape

Oh yes I did!



3 comments:

  1. So proud of you! Can't wait for my kindle copy, and I will help you spread the word. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will share it on my Facebook! I am anxious to start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it! I got it! YAY for following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete