Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How did this happen?

I have about twenty-eight word documents in my book file. I seem to have not one, not two, but three chapter fourteens. One is titled "Chapter Fourteen", the other "Chapter Fourteen-Actual" and last but not least, "14".

Will the real chapter fourteen please stand up?

Reason number 1,081 why I hate editing.

Also, I have about fifteen legal pads containing my hand-written chapters. Mixed in those notepads I also have all my notes for books two and three. Additions I want to make to book one. Time lines for books one and two. Outlines for books one and two. And random scenes for all three. All completely mixed and jumbled. I seriously need organization help.

Now what to do with the document labeled "fragment". Fragment of what?

I also have documents confusingly labeled "Chapter 12.5 and Chapter 14.5". I'm assuming they go in between certain chapters.

Writing a book is hard. Now whose idea was it to make this a trilogy. Oh wait, that would be me!

1 comment: