Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Well, this should be fun...

Look who's back, it's me! You know I only come on here to blog if I have something to complain about right? Well, not really. But that's why I'm here today.

Did I mention in my last post that Elijah was sick? Yes or no? Ah, yes. So of course I knew this was probably going to make the rounds like most colds do. Monday night Sophia didn't sleep well. I think I got up and went in her room about ten times to give her her paci and lay her back down. When we woke up in the morning I realize that was why she hadn't slept well. Paci babies and congestion just don't mix. *Note to self, may be time to wean off the paci! Anyway, so she was moderately miserable Monday, and Elijah was still sick too. We did a shortened school day, just the most important stuff. Yesterday everyone was feeling a teeny bit better. Until last night. I realized that I was getting the dreaded scratchy throat/congested nose combo that we all know and fear. So I went to bed early...errr, at eleven. And I slept pretty good considering. I woke up with no sore throat, which is usually a good sign. But then I tried to get out of bed. Uhhhhh. SICK!

Lovely right? Both the kids are feeling mostly okay. Which is kind of a bummer for me. Since I'm totally lacking the energy to keep up with them. Want to know how I know I'm sick? I sat down at the kitchen table and drank my coffee this morning. I never sit down to drink my coffee. I always drink it on the run while I'm putting away dishes, starting the laundry or making the beds. Aaaaand I'm still in my bathrobe. Oops!

After this I am going to get dressed, I swear. And then I'll attempt to teach some school. I foresee a nap in the near future though. Also, this isn't a good time to be sick. Elijah has football practice tomorrow, and I will most likely have to take him because Matthew is bombarded with homework. Friday Elijah and I are supposed to go see the Yale Philharmonic Orchestra. They are doing Beethoven's Ninth and Elijah and I have been learning all about this stuff in music class. Of course, Sophia can't go, it's past her bedtime anyway. So Matthew thought Elijah and I should go together. It should be fun. If we can both stop blowing our noses long enough to listen!

Speaking of Matthew, he is the who can absolutely not get sick right now! He's already stretched to the max, and then some, so it would be terrible if he were to get sick too.

So, in summary, everyone is sick. Yay!