Thursday, October 13, 2011

In other news...

Clearly I've been a little busy the past few weeks. Thus my lack of blogging. I usually try to do at least two posts per blog a week. But even that has been a challenge. Not for lack of blogging fodder, but from like of time. As usual! I even considered briefly shutting down this blog since I didn't have much time to write. But today I realized I kind of like having my own little outlet, even if it's just to ramble to myself for a little while.

What have we been so busy with? Well, as I mentioned we had company this past weekend. We were supposed to be expecting my grandparents for the weekend (this afternoon actually) but as you've probably heard by now, my grandpa was in a biking accident last Saturday. He was released form the hospital yesterday and is doing much better. He still has three broken ribs, so I think it will be awhile before he's up to travelling again.

The kids and I took a much-needed Fall break these past few days. I took Friday off so I could finish up with all my cooking and cleaning I needed to do before Matthew's parents arrived. We also took of Monday and Tuesday of this week, which ended up being a great plan. This is the firs time we'd taken off from school since the beginning of the year nine weeks ago and we all really enjoyed it. Sometimes you just need a few days to take a deep breath in, you know?

But, now we're back on track and back to school as of yesterday. The only problem with a little vacation time is that it's always hard to get back into the swing of things.

I for one am having a hard time getting back to my writing after about a week and half off. I'm so so close to being finished with my first edits that it's not even funny. But I can't seem to hammer out these last few chapters, no matter how hard I try. I'm just lacking the focus it takes to edit right now. And that's more than a little frustrating to me. That's the problem with writing, it takes so much more than you can just muster up inside of you sometimes. You've actually got to have a little inspiration and a little heart to make it work out perfectly. There's just so much more to it than sitting down and making yourself do it. You have to feel it too. And right now I can't make myself feel it.

*sigh*

Though, fortunately, this isn't something new. And I know I'll snap out of it soon. Probably when I have a little more time on my hands. Which will probably be....never. Oops. Still I've made it this far.

Anyway, so that's a general update on things around here...