Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Adding insult to injury...

As mentioned in previous posts, both here and on my family blog, we have just barely gotten back to normal around here. Normal is relative, I know, but normal-ish. And guess what? Sophia is sick! Again!

If you don't remember, I certainly do, we were all really sick just a few weeks ago. In fact, it very nearly ruined our Thanksgiving we were all so sick. I feel like it was just a few days ago that I finally quit coughing. So not fair!

So far Sophia is the only one showing any symptoms. Still, she's the last person in the family I want sick. (Besides Matthew, since he's the one with the job that pays our bills.) She doesn't handle being sick very well. What baby does? She started running a fever on Sunday afternoon. Yesterday she was feverish on and off when she wasn't sleeping. She slept nearly all day. Know what that means. Yes, you do. She was up most of the night! I think she woke up around midnight running a fever and being fussy. She sat in bed with us drinking a gallon of water and whining. Poor baby.

She seems to be doing okay now, though not fully recovered. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that no one else will get sick. I'm not feeling to hot myself, but I'm chalking that up to lack of sleep. Elijah was supposed to be still doing school this week, but that's kind of gone out the window. We might just take an early Christmas break.

Fun stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I hope she makes a quick recovery and that she does share it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete