Saturday, December 31, 2011

Two words...

For the upcoming 2012 year.

BRING IT!

Maybe I'm just feeling overconfident, but I think it's going to be a great year. 2011 was amazing, really. I finally wrote, edited (with help) and finished my first novel. EVER. Ever. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I've never been here before. I can only hope and pray that things will continue on in the new year.

I'm so so lucky to have so many people who believe in my writing. Oftentimes more than I do! It is my wish to someday be able to thank every single person who believed in me, in print! I really hope I get the opportunity!

I can't believe I wrote a book this year, I mean, really wrote a book. It's crazy! And I'm now at the halfway point of my second one, at least the rough draft. And a third is cooking up somewhere inside my brain.

2012 won't be easy. I'm sure I'll get rejected a lot. And in the end I still might not get the recognition I deserve. But I'm determined to try and to not let the fear of failure, or eventual rejection change how I feel about myself. Even if this one doesn't work out I still plan on trying again and again.

2012 might be my year...you never know!