Monday, January 9, 2012

Today...

I can say that I'm officially trying to get my book published. I wasn't going to post this at all, but I decided I might want the date documented for future reference. That's the good thing about blogs.

See, one year ago yesterday I started writing my book, I think I had the outline finished over the weekend. From there it was writing the rough draft, to typing, to editing and re-writing and more editing and more re-writing. Now here we are, on the other side, waiting and hoping for something good to come out of it.

I wasn't planning on today being "the day", you know. Elijah and Sophia are both sick and I'm heading there too. I was up at least a dozen times last night. And I woke up with a stiff, sore neck. I'm completely unable to turn my head without being in serious pain. Fun stuff.

Ironically, as I lay in bed last night, knowing I would wake up feeling terrible with a cold, knowing I would be up tending to my sick children, I had an idea. It was one of those ideas, that sort of sinks into you and know it's right. Well, let's just say it has something to do with tying in the plot of all three of my books. And just like that, it's done. At least in my head, the whole series, start to finish.

I have so much work ahead of me and I know it. But the hardest part was sending out those first five queries today. Yeah, I sent five. Five emails. That's all. Next week I'll send five more. And so on and so forth until...well, who knows? But today was the day to just take a leap I guess. That's all I can do.

Either way, I'll probably remember this day for a long time. As I was laying down earlier, trying to ease the pain in my neck with a heating pad I tried telling myself over and over this will all probably amount to nothing. It's funny how I'm still okay with that. That doesn't change the fact that I wrote a book or that when I reach that point of giving up I will know I did everything I could.

Okay, so I'm rambling. My thoughts are kind of scattered. Either way, today is just the beginning, right?