Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What I'm listening to...

I guess I have to preface this post with a little news. In case you haven't heard elsewhere, my family just found out last week that my dad has prostate cancer. So far we have no reason but to feel hopeful that this will all be easily treated and resolved before too long. That being said, it's been a hard thing for all of us to process. But at the same time I can already tell that it's bringing us closer and making us stronger.

Anyway, I like music, a lot. In fact, I can definitely say that my love of music comes directly from my dad, who pretty much does everything with a radio on or an iPod. Some of my favorite bands were ones he introduced me to as a kid, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Pink Floyd...ect.

I find myself listening to music a lot recently, just because it is a quick way to put me in a better mood. Lately I find myself either listening to some really loud rock music (my favorite is Linkin Park these days.) But also more relaxed stuff that just calms me down. I have to say, one of my all-time favorite bands is Lifehouse. I love every single song they have ever put out. One song in particular seems to be popping up on my iPod shuffle lately and it always makes me feel better.


Some of the lyrics, in case you're wondering....


Find me here, and speak to me 
I want to feel you, I need to hear you 
You are the light that's leading me to the place 
Where I find peace again 
You are the strength that keeps me walking 
You are the hope that keeps me trusting 
You are the life to my soul 
You are my purpose 
You're everything
And how can I stand here with you 
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms and you give me rest 
You hold me in your hands 
You won't let me fall 
You steal my heart and you take my breath away 
Would you take me in, take me deeper now 
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this 
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this 




And the song if you want to listen to it...