Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Admittedly...

I'm a total wuss when it comes to cold. I'm 100 percent "cold natured". Now, seeing as I how I spent the last twelve years in the South, this has never been too much of a problem. But then we moved to New England two years ago, so it became a very big problem.

Our first winter here was 2009, and it wasn't too bad, to be quite honest. For Matthew and Elijah, both born and raised in Georgia, the snow thing was all new and novel. I'd spent a few winters in Germany, so I've been in snow before. Still, it was a good winter. We went to Rockefeller and saw the tree. Yeah we froze our butts off. But snow in NYC on the weekend before Christmas...well, it was kind of magical. Also I was pregnant with Sophia that winter, so I'd like to believe that had something to do with not being as cold as I usually was. It didn't snow too much that winter. And we couldn't have complained even if it did. See, we chose to move here, and we were still trying to prove to ourselves that we didn't hate it here.

Now, last winter, the epic winter of '10...it broke us. Seriously, you know how much snow we got l last winter? I don't either. But I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 70 inches. Total. Craziness. After that winter I gladly said that I hate New England winters and will gladly move back down South ASAP!!!

Summers are great here though...and fall, usually. Not this fall though.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I hate being cold. And it is cold here already! I already said it snowed this past weekend, that doesn't bode well AT ALL. I'm just not looking forward to being snowed in for weeks on end. Ugh.

We're supposed to be getting family pictures taken this Saturday, outside. Hopefully it won't be too cold. Although it would be rather Christmasy if our teeth were chattering and our lips were blue...