Friday, November 11, 2011

Counting down...

I'm the kind of person who likes to have things to look forward to. I'm assuming that's a pretty normal trait. Usually I just pick something one to two weeks away to look forward too, just to get me through the mundane tasks or boring weeks when there's not too much going on.

Ehh, well, life is pretty mundane and boring most of the time isn't it? And usually when it's not it's because of something bad... Wait, well, scratch that last, it's really not that bad! But I do get a case of "Groundhog day" every once and while.

What was I saying? It seems this happens to me a lot. I come here to say something, or make a not-so-important point, then I start rambling and completely forget what I was talking about in the first place. Story of my life.

Right, so looking forward. This week I'm looking forward to next Saturday, because we're going to the "Yale Bowl". AKA Yale V Harvard! I'm so excited. For one, I've never been to a college football game before. Despite having lived in one of the biggest college football towns in the South, within walking distance of the stadium no less! I have, however, been to an NFL game, surprisingly. So I'm really excited. And all four of us get to go. If you didn't know this already, and I"m sure you do if you read my family blog, everyone in this family LOVES football. College and NFL. Now, the Yale Bulldogs are not exactly the Georgia Bulldogs, but they'll do. Fingers crossed that the weather stays cool and sunny like it's been lately.

So, yeah, should be fun. Or insane, with two kids. As always, Sophia is the wild-card. She really could go either way with this sort of thing, you just never know.

Speaking of counting down (not to totally freak you out!) but do yo realize it's TWO WEEKS until Thanksgiving??! What the??? That's crazy, right? Not only that, but as soon as it's Thanksgiving it will be four weeks until Christmas. Uggghhhhh... I have bought some Christmas presents for the kids (basically the only people we shop for) but still. Oh and also, Matthew's birthday is on the tenth of December so that's one more thing to prepare for...which I'm not prepared for.

Fun stuff. At least there's a lot to look forward to!