Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Current stats...

This week marks the eighth week of my seemly futile struggle to get published. Wait, I'm kidding. At least, about the futile part. I hope. EIGHT WEEKS! Two months. I don't know how many days...errr...fifty-nine! Crazy. And yeah, totally expected. Nothing good happens over night. I know this.

Okay so eight weeks. Forty queries sent out in total. Giving them each 2-4 weeks to even get read (assuming they weren't automatically deleted) that means only half have been read and processed. And well, subsequently rejected. Granted I've received only nine official, in-writing rejections. But at this point it's safe to assume all ten of my original queries sent eight to seven weeks ago are all passes.

I broke it down to a mathematical science. Or something like that in my head. The way I see it, or should see it but often don't, the more queries I send the greater my chances are, right? Makes sense. So I'll just keep plugging a long until....welll, something's gotta give, right? Hopefully it won't be my sanity/hope.

We'll see...