Friday, February 17, 2012

Flying solo...

That's right! Not only am I jumping on a plane this afternoon heading in my favorite direction (South!), I'm flying solo! Seriously, the last time I flew alone I was flying from Georgia to Texas to visit my best friend. But that was almost ten years ago. In previous years I've flown several times, mostly with both kids on my own. You all know what a huge challenge that can be. Not this time. This time it's just me, and my suitcase. It's going to be a breeze.

Where am I headed? Let me reiterate. I'm going to go spend the weekend at a friend's house. Me and seven other awesome ladies I've gotten to know over the past few years. I've only met three of them in person, so four are new to me. But that doesn't make any difference. So far they have been my support system through cross-country moves, my virtual shoulder to cry on, especially lately, and my on-line focus group and cheerleaders though my book writing and publishing process. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

So yeah, to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement!