Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Randomness...

Since I don't really have anything interesting to say, I though I'd do a little randomness post...

Wait, nothing interesting to say? Are you as shocked as I am. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm almost always uninteresting, but I try not to let that stop me.


  • I do love Pinterest, I get the hype, totally. Remember the sock bun? Printerest. Fun Geography projects for school? Pinterest. Last night I found a necklace I must make. I had to literally restrain myself from running to Michael's to buy the materials to make it. Like I need another hobby? My mom and I both went through a jewelry making phase a few years back, so I still have all the tools. But seriously, I think I'd better restrain myself from looking at jewelry how-tos for the time being.
  • But I am going to make that necklace!
  • UGH Sophia has already napped and gotten back up. This does not bode well. She usually naps from 1-3 in the afternoon. This means I'm stuck with her until bedtime!
  • NINE DAYS!
  • Until I run away from home. Maybe I'll come back.
  • Oh yeah, I said I was going to talk about my finished rough draft. I'm so excited! I'm not sure if I like the second book better, per se, but it was much easier to write. The ending was easier than I thought it would be. Maybe because it was more of a happy ending than the first one, more closure. I don't know.
  • I've now sent out 26 queries. I usually send out five every Tuesday, but yesterday I had added one extra to my spreadsheet, so I sent it anyway. I only have six rejection emails, but that doesn't mean that twenty are still being considered. That could mean that those twenty are rejections too and the agent I sent them to is just too busy to be bothered with sending me a rejection email.  I think that's pretty much the norm.
  • I'm not feeling bad about it though, it's all just part of a very long and arduous process. All what I expected and am prepared for. In the beginning I was really unsure of how I would handle this blatant rejection. But I think I'm doing okay. If anything, I find that it's making me even more determined than ever to try and make it happen. As far as it depends on me, I will try to make it happen. If that means I have to send out thirty or three hundred and thirty queries. I WILL.
  • Or so I keep telling myself anyway...
  • Grrr doing spelling words with Elijah. FRUSTRATING. For me, not him. Yes, I'm a darn good multi-tasker. I mopped while he was doing his phonics.
  • Is it my birthday yet? No? How many days then? Too many.
  • Guess what I'm getting for my birthday? GREEN CONVERSE. Represent!
  • I think I've had too much coffee.
  • Speaking of too much coffee yesterday I had my usual two cups, and then was very bad and had a Coke with my dinner, something I never do. Guess who got a crap-ton of writing done last night? ME! I should over-caffeinate more often. And I still slept well.
  • I'm going to need it too, I'm only six and a half chapters in to typing/editing my newest book. And it already seems like it's going to be longer than the first (which was only about 200 pages and 16 chapters). My problem this time around is that my laptop is no longer functional. So instead of getting comfy on the couch and watching TV while I type, I'm glued to my desk in the kitchen. Plus, sitting in the kitchen chair for hours on end is not doing my any favors. So sad, I miss my laptop.
  • OH well. Chained to the desk I will be for the foreseeable future.
I've gotta go now, time to teach Science.