Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I know, gag, right? But someone in this house (who shall remain nameless) has been playing the Cinderella soundtrack non-stop. So guess what song is currently stuck in my head? That one ^

Anyway...so I've been thinking today, about dreams and all that junk. And writing, of course, always writing. Because really what else do I think about. Besides the obvious...kids, husband, dinner, dishes, school ect.

Writing. Oh and the ABNA. And my chances. What are my chances? Well, right  now they stand at one in ten thousand. How do you like those odds?

Never quote me the odds.

(Haha)

Next week they will announce the two thousand books that  made the first cut. Technically then I only have a  one in four hundred shot, since they will only pick four hundred per genre. And guess who is in the (arguably) most competitive genre? That's right, me, and little old London Escape.

Basically, in my head, if I'm being totally honest, I have zero chance. I mean, I already did the whole querying and trying to get published route and we all know how that went... abysmally. But...but...but...there's always a chance right? Wrong? I dunno...

(I'm aware I'm rambling. Dude, this is what this blog is for.)

I've been lurking on the ABNA message boards and reading other authors pitches. And I have to say, right now I like my chances. I would say more, but I don't want to sound like the arrogant jerk I can be sometimes...*ahem*

My pitch? Well, it's simple. I used the same one I used on my Amazon description page. Why? Because if it ain't broke, don't fix it! They way I see it, that description alone got me 2K downloads. Also, when I submitted my book I swore to myself that I would second guess what I have already done. Which meant zero re-writes and zero tweaks to the book.

Sooooo...that's all.