Thursday, February 14, 2013

Accidentally in love...

Watch out! It's Valentine's day and I'm feeling super corny, as I am prone to do about two to three times a year. So, if you know me at all, you probably know that I'm not hugely into Valentine's day. Why? Well,  we all know there's a bigger holiday around the corner...

Anywho, it's a fun day for the kids, how did all our holidays suddenly start to revolve around the kids? Oh right, around 2006.

Matthew and I don't really have a history of good V-days. Our first would have been '05, just a few months before our wedding. Yup, you read that right! On that particular day Matthew was sick and I decided to go over to his parents house and make him soup. I ended up burning it (which is so unlike me to have a cooking disaster!) and it was terrible. Since then, I think we've usually been sick or something on Valentine's.

So tonight we don't have any major plans. Like I said, there are other more important holidays. Anniversaries....birthdays....birthdays....

I'm making a special dinner and we're going to let the kids eat out in the living room and watch a movie while we eat ALONE. That's enough to make it special. And then Matthew will probably have homework to do.

So I leave you with today's special song! This was "our" song when we were dating. At the time I had no idea it was from an animated movie, oh well! (Also, I was going to post the regular Counting Crows video, but it was..um...weird!)