Monday, February 4, 2013

Get off of my cloud...

Oh hey, look who's back! Wait, you didn't notice I was gone? *sigh*

So yeah, I've been offline. I'd like to say it was for some noble cause, like giving up social media for lent. Or giving up internet so I can focus on my family more or writing more. Let's be real, my internet has been out. But I'm back now, so it's all water under the bridge. That being said,  I have decided to cut back on a lot of the "time sucks" on the internet. Pinterest, I'm looking at you! And on the upside, it did give me plenty of time to finish my book. I must have done at least two more full proofreads in the past few weeks. No, it's not coming out quite yet, but soon, I promise.

So, even though I haven't been online, I've certainly kept busy. Matthew and I finally spent some time re-doing the kids' room, which meant I spent a lot of time purging. I organized our storage space down in the basement (oy) and basically just started thinking and preparing for our hopefully inevitable move this summer.

No news on that front. *double sigh*

It's all good, I guess. We made it through January, which is officially my least favorite month of the year. I decided it's like Mondays. You just have to survive. Nothing good will ever happen on a Monday or in the month of January. I'm serious.

BUT it's February now. And I have high hopes for February. For one, on the 13th Amazon will be announcing first round picks for the ABNA (Amazon Breathrough Novel Award). They will take the book pool down from the 10,000 applicants to 2,000. 400 in each category  Do I think I will be one of them? Nope. But part of me can't help but dream.

Hopefully I will be blogging more this month. We shall see. Oh and I decided to make all my blog post titles song titles. Because I'm a nerd. I picked this one because I had the song in my head. Elijah was like, "what are you singing?" Story of my life...

(Also, I made the post title a few posts back "Ramble On" and totally didn't even realize it was a Led Zepplin song until my friend Jenn pointed it out. And Led Zepplin is one of my all-time favorites. DUH CACEY!)