Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm sorry I'm such a girl...

So, I've gotten a couple of new reviews on both of my books, which is great! I'm always happy to see reviews, as long as they're positive! Most of my reviews come from friends and family who I have begged to write. But occasionally, I get a review from someone I don't know. Recently someone read both my books and posted their opinions. This person gave both books fours stars, super nice. One part of his review of Finding Sanctuary made me laugh pretty hard....

"The only really negative thing I would say is that it spends perhaps too much time on Kit's emotional musings."
  
First off, dude, let me point out that my main character, Kit, is in fact, a seventeen-year-old girl. You have no idea what the depths of a girl's emotional musings are. I feel like I just barely brushed the surface of what Kit's emotional musings should be. That kid has a lot going on. Give her a break.

Seriously though, it did make me laugh. Too much emotional musing? Has this dude ever read Twilight? *sigh* I tried really hard not to make Kit the typical Mary Sue female protagonist. But at the end of the day, she's a girl! Do you seriously expect her not to have a lot of feelings? 

But I digress...