Friday, May 3, 2013

Smiling at the future...

I posted part of a verse from Proverbs 31 this morning on my facebook page because that is how I felt when I woke up this morning. I knew there was a verse that stated exactly how I was feeling, and it took me all of three seconds to find.

Verse 25, at least the second half, "And she smiles at the future."

Just a short couple of weeks ago I don't think I was smiling at the future  I think Matthew and I both were actually feeling more fearful of the future than anything. I guess somehow we stopped expecting that life would be easy, so therefore we never thought it would be again. It's not that we were expecting the worst, but we've both been pleasantly surprised by how things have turned out in the past month.

I'm not being coy, I don't have any actual news YET! But, God willing, it will be forthcoming sometime in the month of May. Praise God, amen and amen!

About a month ago I resolved to start praying more. Not just for myself  but for my husband, my family, my friends, anyone and everyone who might be struggling in any way shape or form. I'm not saying I am awesome in my prayer life, but it's getting better. And I can see the outcome in my life today. The only thing I asked for for myself was more FAITH and less FEAR. And look where I am now. Smiling.

Anyway, Matthew's last final is next Tuesday and after that he's home free. But we will be having a party tomorrow to celebrate his graduation from Yale! That is, if another job interview doesn't get in the way!