Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life is beautiful...

Do you ever get that feeling where you feel like everything is good? I mean, there will always be things in the back of your mind causing you stress and anxiety, but as a whole, everything else is good? That's sort of how I feel right now.

It's probably just because the sun is actually shining today, for the first time since Sunday. Or maybe it's because both my kids got good reports at the doctor yesterday, nothing like hearing that your kids are perfectly healthy to put you in a good mood. Possibly it's because as of today Sophia is completely weaned, sleeping through the night AND walking! My life just got easier and harder at the same time. Either way, it's all good. Elijah has now officially finished Kindergarten and we're just doing summer school. Now we have more time to play outside, when it's not raining.

Oh yeah, and there's that little thing called vacation looming on my horizon. As of today we've got just four weeks, twenty-eight days until we hop on that plane to Florida. Our plane is leaving at a ridiculously early time, but on the upside we can spend that whole afternoon on the beach if we want. After a day and a half in Florida we'll be driving up to Georgia to spend the week with Matthew's family. We've already got lots of fun plans like spending a few days in a cabin and lots of cook-outs by the pool. I'm excited to see everyone, including my newest nephew who I've yet to meet! I think he and Sophia will be bestest buddies, if he can keep up with her!

Anyway, it's nice to feel like everything is moving downhill of the sudden. I knew once we got past the birthdays it would feel that way. I cannot wait!