Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Randomness...

It's Wednesday again? Already? What?

This leads me to my first randomness...



  • Today is one week until Elijah's fifth birthday! I'm so excited, but now panicked. We haven't done a thing in preparation for his party. I guess there's not that much to be done, since we're just having a small party with the four of us. But we still need to go get his present and get a few things for the party. We're just going with one "big" present this year and of course, a Star Wars theme!

  • It's hard to believe that this time last year I was hugely (and I mean HUGELY) pregnant. My mom was flying in for Elijah's birthday and Sophia's birth. I was so done. Overdone. In fact the day we came home from the hospital was probably the happiest day of my life for two reasons. One, I finally had my baby girl and two, I wasn't pregnant anymore!

  • I've been looking forward to May for so many reasons and I'm so happy it's here. I think May will always be my favorite month. The weather has been so nice (err, it's rainy today though). Sunday is Mother's Day, next Wednesday is Elijah's birthday, Sophia is getting baptised on the 15th and the Sunday after that is her first birthday! Crazy right? Oh and on her birthday we will officially be one month away from the big summer vacation!

  • Speaking of Sophia, she is sleeping so great lately (knock on wood!) At the advice of another mommy friend I started giving her yogurt before bed instead of nursing her. She goes to bed around 7:30, about an hour after we've had dinner, so I always figured she couldn't possibly still be hungry. I went to the store and found the yogurt with the most calories in it (Stoneyfield whole milk yogurt, a whopping 200+ calories per serving) and she gets a bowl of that every night before bed. Let me tell you she loves that stuff. And even I have to admit it is tasty, and I don't even like yogurt! The first couple of nights she still woke habitually a few times, but went back to sleep after a tiny bit of fussing. Lately she's been sleeping from 7:30-5:30 a.m. I usually do have to nurse her then and she's back to sleep until 7:00. So nice!

  • The kids and I made a trip to the bookstore yesterday before Mom's group. I've been picking a few things here and there for Sophia's birthday and decided to get her a book of her own. Most of hers are hand-me-downs from Elijah, or books they share. I decided she needed something girly! I ended up with a couple of Disney princess books and had to pick which one was best for her. Guess what I went with? Sleeping Beauty! (Though Princess Jasmine was always my favorite!) I also picked up a huge first grade workbook for Elijah to go through over the summer.

  • Matthew started working full-time at the library yesterday. It's so nice that he can just come home and be home with us, instead of having to spend his evenings studying non-stop.

I guess that's all for now. Looking forward to a quiet day at home after being gone almost all day yesterday. Hopefully I'll have a chance to sit down and do some editing on my book. I've got one chapter completely done already! Now if I can only do the rest!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of the yogurt trick before, how clever! I wish I had known that when Nathan and Autumn were babies :)

    ReplyDelete