Monday, April 25, 2011

Derailed...

That's basically how I feel lately. As in, off-track and out of it. I guess that's what happens when you're sick for two weeks straight.

I'm feeling mostly better these days, and have been since Friday, but it's been hard getting back on track. For one thing, Matthew is now in his final week of classes, normally that would be a good thing, but he's now in crunch time with a huge paper. I have to work really hard to keep the kids out of his hair while he writes. I'm trying to get Elijah back into doing school after two weeks of sporadic teaching, you can imagine how hard it is to get a four year old to focus after not having to for a while. Sophia? Well, she's just Sophia and she basically spends her time trying to figure out how to make my life harder. You think I'm joking? You haven't met her! She's a handful. I guess I shouldn't complain, that little handful slept nine hours straight last night which is pretty much the longest she has slept in her life, sad to say.

Anyway, I'm glad to be healthy again. We actually had really nice weather for Easter Sunday. Or at least Easter morning, it rained that afternoon. And it was nice to actually feel like it might be Spring someday.

I mostly spent this weekend napping and reading, it was fabulous. Matthew teased me relentlessly, as he always does, about the amount of time I spent in bed. My defense was that I'm still getting over the cold of the century and I can sleep as much as I like. I just started reading, after hearing about it everywhere, A Game of Thrones, and I'm completely hooked. After reading the Hunger Games series about three times straight I was in need of another literary obsession, so I'm happy. In fact, I need to find out how I can get my hands on the next three books and fast. The only problem with having a new book obsession is, of course, that I spend less and less time working on my own writing. But then again, I wrote so much so fast I guess I feel as though I deserve a break. That and the fact that I'm only editing now, which I have a love/hate relationship with.

Hopefully I can get back on track soon with everything, writing, teaching, blogging, exercising....basically being human again! I've got two HUGE events coming up next month. Both my babies' birthdays, so I have a lot on my plate.