Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In other news...

Because goodness knows I'm tired of talking about being sick and tired, as I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it! (But to answer your questions, yes we're mostly better today. And YES I finally got some sleep!)

So, what else do we talk about if not sick kids? Oh right, there's not much going on around here other than that.

Well, for one thing it's been a really long time since I sat down and worked on my book. I started out in January with such a good work ethic, writing every single day pretty much. I have the whole thing written by hand, I just need to finish typing it and then edit the entire thing. Okay, so basically I have a lot of work still ahead me. I just can't manage to find any time or inspiration to do it lately. Hmm wonder why? I've already typed up eleven chapters, and I still have three or so to go. It's becoming more and more apparent to me, even thought I've attempted to write a novel before, why I've never finished one. I just can't seem to wrap it up! I've written at least three different versions of my ending, none of which are very different, I just can't seem to find one that fits. I'm sure when I finally sit down to type it all, it will just come to me, as it does most of the time. But until then I'm at a loss.

I'm not sure if it's hurting me or helping me that I'm already working on the second book (hopefully second of three). I can't decide which loose ends I want to tie up in the first and which I want to leave to be discovered in the second. Grrr. I guess I just need to sit down and write, something, anything.

Also, I'm soooo not looking forward to the massive amounts of editing that will be required when I'm done. Though it would be kind of nice to say, "Hey, I wrote a book!" Even if that's all it ever comes to.

Right? Right.

So, what's the problem then, why am I not writing?